April 11, 2014

Fayettnam


A passage from Cody Duffs war journal..
   "Every year since 2010 I've made the trip down to Fayetteville, North Carolina. The city scape is on the rougher side at times. Fayetteville is a military town, home to the special forces and Rambo. It's no wonder this town isn't for the faint at heart.
As I roll into town, I know I'm in for a treat. As four to five working ladies rome the streets, I stop and rent the best black momma a twenty spot can buy. After a good cry sesh, it's off to Daniel's house. We catch up and go over footage till the wee hours of the morning.
The scene in Fayettnam (as it's called in the streets) is super chill. Every one is super supportive of each other. Drama... There is none... Competition... There is none. Just good olé bmx in its purest form.
There is no off the wall stories about this trip. The wildest thing to happen was leaving my wallet in Vince Imel's car for a whole day. Daniel 3'd the seven set that he had wanted to 360 for a number of years. There was plenty of hard poses and eating of foods. A highlight for me was eating at a taco stand with Daniel, at a flea market. We rode every day, we filmed every day.
After a good weekend and finding love in a black mamma, I'm left with a good taste in my mouth. Riding with the Roulette crew always regenerates my love for bmx. Fayetteville is a quaint town with crime and hookers that keep me coming back year after year
.
-The Gambler"

No comments:

Post a Comment